The Lions Hearing Aid Bank is provided to Nebraska residents only. If you would like to learn about services in your state please contact the Lions Foundation in your area.
- Lions Hearing Aid Bank Application
- Provider Information
- Participating Audiologists & Dispensers (current November 2017)
History of the Lions Hearing Aid Bank
The Lions Hearing Aid Bank is provided to Nebraska residents only. Lions Hearing Aid Bank provides refurbished monaural or binaural BTE hearing aids to individuals 19-64 of age. The bank provides used hearing aids to adult Nebraska residents who demonstrate financial need. The Lions Hearing Aid Bank is operated jointly by three organizations: the Nebraska Lions Foundation (NLF), Barkley Memorial Center of the University of Nebraska – Lincoln, and the Nebraska Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (NCDHH). The Lions seek donations of aids and funds, nominate prospective hearing aid recipients and help explain the bank service to the public, Barkley Memorial Center receives donated hearing aids, analyzes them to ensure that they function correctly, and catalogs the aids by their sound characteristics, NCDHH receives and processes applications for hearing aids.
Steps Needed to Receive a Hearing Aid
- Request an application from Nebraska Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (NCDHH), or print one off from the website (listed at the top of this page).
- Complete application and return to Susanna Fuehrer (4600 Valley Rd. Ste. 420 Lincoln, NE 68510).
- An approval or denial letter will be mailed. If approved, this letter will include additional instructions on how to receive your hearing aid.
Where to Donate Used Hearing Aids
Lions will graciously accept donations of ALL hearing aids regardless of function, style, or age of instrument. A tax deduction letter will be mailed to donor if name and address are included with donated items.
Lions Hearing Aid Bank
204 Barkley Memorial Center
PO Box 830731
Lincoln, NE 68583