We advocate to create opportunities by raising awareness through collaboration.
Access for all
- Educate consumers on their legal rights under federal and state laws.
- Update consumers on available technology, equipment and telecommunication access options and services.
- Educate consumers on self-empowerment and self-advocacy.
- Advocate to assure equal access to quality education for Deaf, Deaf-Blind, and/or Hard of Hearing students.
- Provide access to quality, effective and accessible communication accommodations.
- Identify and resolve gaps in services. Promote awareness through the collection and distribution of information.
- Inform communities about programs and services operated by NCDHH.
- Enhance the website to better provide information through emerging technology.
- Research, gather and expand the dissemination of information through visual technology.
- Promote partnerships with other agencies to encourage website visits.
- Promote and/or provide healthcare/behavioral health care training to certified or licensed sign language interpreters in Nebraska.
- Educate staff of health care facilities to ensure communication access for all.
- Establish local support systems with mental health providers, domestic violence programs, and regional programs.
- Oversee and enforce the licensing of deaf and sign language interpreters.
- Review alleged violations of rules and regulations governing sign language interpreters.
- Promote and/or provide interpreter training.
- Enhance and develop events about Deaf culture.
- Collaborate with Deaf organizations to promote awareness of Deaf culture and history.