Nebraska Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (NCDHH) offers a service to assist you in your search for sign language interpreters.
If you are an interpreter interested in receiving offers you must contact NCDHH referral staff to complete paperwork.
Online Program User Guide's
2. Contact the Interpreter Referral Staff
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone - Lincoln 402-471-3593 / Toll Free 1-800-545-6244
4. Court related requests, contact email@example.com
5. Video Remote Interpreting (VRI) Service Companies with Nebraska Licensed Interpreters Available
Video Remote Interpreting service companies provide sign language interpreting services through a remote or offsite sign language interpreter. The remote interpreter is able to hear and see all involved parties through the use of a webcam or other internet-based teleconferencing equipment. The interpreter hears what is being spoken and interprets the information into sign language. The interpreter sees the signed message and interprets into a spoken language.
Rates for interpreters are negotiated between the interpreter and the hiring contact. NCDHH does not become involved in any negotiations or communication regarding costs or any other billing issues regarding interpreter services.
Information & Documents
- Grievance Procedure
- Information needed when placing a request for a sign language interpreter
- Interpreter Services Brochure
- 2019 Referral Service Policies & Procedures
- 2019 Policy Violation Procedures
- 2019 Interpreter Release Form
Title III of the Americans with Disability Act States: "Public accommodations must furnish auxiliary aids when necessary to ensure effective communication, unless an undue burden or fundamental alteration would result.”